Myotherapy is the evidenced-based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain and associated conditions.
Myotherapy is the manipulation of muscles, nerves and tendons.
Myotherapy involves a range of hands-on muscle treatment to return the body to a better functioning state – without pain and aches. A range of muscle treatments is performed.
We find the cause of your pain!!! Then provide treatment and rehabilitation for your pain! Showing you tips and tricks to manage and alleviate your pain. As well as focusing on strengthening at home so we prevent the pain reoccuring!
- Frees up blockages and balances the muscle groups, so all are in harmony with the body,
- Often shortens healing time due to increased blood flow and metabolism in muscles,
- Assists in preventing muscular injuries and strains, discomfort and stiffness associated with physical exercise.
- Conditions treated
- Pregnancy Treatment
Myotherapy Techniques include:
- Trigger Point therapy
- Soft tissue manipulation,
- Joint mobilisation
- Myofascial stretches,
- Dry Needling,
- Corrective Exercises,
- Also provided is an ongoing process, providing support, treatment and exercises.
- Back/ neck pain
- Muscles strain/sprains eg.
- Over use injuries : such as tendinitis eg. tennis elbow
- Chronic /Acute pain
- Sciatic pain
- Pre and Post pregnancy pains
In her 15 years experience as a Myotherapist Jackie has treated a vast number of pregnant women providing relief from muscle aches and pains during and post pregnancy! Over the years pregnancy related muscle pain and function has become an area of special interest for Jackie, as she has seen a great need in providing a holistic natural approach.
Some of the muscle related pre and post pregnancy conditions that have been helped by Myotherapy are:
- Neck and/or Shoulder Pain
- Back Ache
- Sciatica & leg pain
- Carpal Tunnel
Myotherapy during and post Pregnancy has helped:
- Decrease discomfort from stiffness and muscle tension,
- Relieve from Varicose veins, Cramps and Swollen legs,
- Reduce incontinence/ pelvic imbalance
- Ease Labour pains.
- A greater feeling of relaxation of self and baby
- A quicker return to activity Post Pregnancy
- Help restoring the body to Pre Pregnancy condition
- Reducing the stresses of carrying/caring for newborns
- Improved ability to carry/feed the child without discomfort
- Better ability to handle the physical and emotional strains of mothering
- Pain relief for Neck, Shoulder, Backache, Sciatica and Headaches
- More restful sleep
- Reduction in Fluid Retention
- An ongoingprocess, providing support, treatment and exercises during and Post Pregnancy
- A simple program to reduce pelvic floor dysfunction, with Pre and Post care
- Options of Pre Natal treatment, during labour or the few days followingbirth, follow up 3, 6, 9 and 12 months following birth.
- A holistic approach to Painduring this time.
During a Myotherapy treatment our aim is to identify the cause of your pain. We relieve the pain and get you moving better, movement creates movement and healing. Providing long term pain relief.Jackie McCombe, Myotherapist